[Peace-discuss] What Kissinger Said: "I Do Not Believe That We Can Make Conditions"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:18:22 CDT 2008

I leave Carl's other points to others.

But the point that I am interested in - which I thought was
straightforward - one often suspects with Carl that his
misunderstandings are deliberate - was not who quoted Kissinger
correctly, as if we were scoring the high school debate team. The
point I am interested in is the fact that five former U.S. Secretaries
of State - two Democrat, three Republican - say we should talk to Iran
without preconditions.

Regardless of what one thinks of Obama on this or any other issue,
this is an important point and it was a good thing that Obama made it.
McCain tried to obfuscate it, that's why I wrote that piece; to
underline the point and counterattack the obfuscation.

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Ambassador Pickering on Iran Talks and Multinational Enrichment
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kGZFrFxVg8A