[Peace-discuss] Re: Cockburn on deregulation

mark bee cbee1uiucedu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 10:42:35 CDT 2008

--- On Mon, 9/29/08, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> From: C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Re: Cockburn on deregulation
> To: "E. Wayne Johnson" <ewj at pigs.ag>
> Cc: cbee1uiucedu at yahoo.com, "Peace-discuss" <peace-discuss at anti-war.net>
> Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 4:46 PM
> By remarking on the prominence of Gramm and Rubin in the
> respective campaigns,
> Cockburn is pointing out that on economic matters we once
> again have the usual
> choice between Tweddledumb and Tweddledumber.

  Those of us who know our economics better than to state that the definition of free enterprise is "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need" may see additional shades of gray in this case.  =)

  The largely
> cosmetic differences
> between the two provide the illusion of choice while both
> campaigns remain
> subservient to their financial masters.

  As usual, the facts say otherwise.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s1999-105