[Peace-discuss] Re: Suggested text for Main Event flyer

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:34:55 CDT 2008

What are we to make of the black text and the magenta text? Do you think you
can get the entire text on one page?  I like Chalmers Johnson and find the
pentagon budget figure quite a stunner. However, I do not like the following
sentence,"He seems to be unaware that these troops are actually volunteers,
not draftees, and that they joined the armed forces as a matter of career
choice, rather than because the nation demanded such a sacrifice from them."
The words, "career choices" makes it sound like they had a lot of choices,
which is not true for the low income people, particularly those from the
rust-belt. It also ignores that those in the National Guard did not sign up
for fighting foreign wars at all; never before have we fought foreign wars
with the national guard.

....just one opinion.  Barbara