[Peace-discuss] "Believe nothing until it's officially denied"

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:07:34 CDT 2009

I wrote a poem on this theme many years ago.  When I exercise my own "right
of last resort" to retaliate against a fellow human being who has actually
done me harm, I incur the wrath of the criminal justice system.  When a
government official or powerful potentate exercises the "right of last
resort" to do just about ANYTHING s/he wants to do, it's perfectly OK, even
laudable in some quarters.

Might makes right.  That's the "rule of law" in one three-word sentence.

       Petraeus: Military Reserves 'Right of Last Resort'