[Peace-discuss] Fw: Take Action: End the ban on Cuba travel and support "Travel for All" legislation

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 13:01:30 CDT 2009

--- On Thu, 4/2/09, Center for Constitutional Rights <events at ccrjustice.org> wrote:

From: Center for Constitutional Rights <events at ccrjustice.org>
Subject: Take Action: End the ban on Cuba travel and support "Travel for All" legislation
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 12:47 PM

center
for
constitutional
rights

Dear CCR Supporter:

This week, critical legislation has been introduced in both the House and the Senate. H.R.874 and S.428. These  "Travel for All" bills would end the 47-year long ban on travel to Cuba, a misguided policy from the start. We ask you to take a few minutes to contact your representatives and senators and ask them to co-sponsor this important legislation.
Since 1962, the U.S. government is the only country to restrict travel to Cuba. After nearly 50 years, the Cold War rhetoric behind the restrictions is tired and obsolete. The world is different from what it was in the early 1960s, and even then, the ban was misguided, ineffective and unconstitutional. The Cuban government survived without a U.S. lifeline and is building relationships with many other nations. The travel ban hurts American citizens by keeping families apart and denying our right to travel freely.  Learn more about the travel ban.

If passed, H.R.874 would "allow travel between the United States and Cuba" for all Americans with no exclusions. Similarly, S. 428, the Senate companion to H.R.874, calls for lifting travel restrictions so all Americans to travel freely to Cuba. "Travel for All" is an important step toward a changed Cuba policy, and we need your help to make this a reality. Contact your Representatives and Senators and ask them to co-sponsor H.R.874 and S.428!

Now is the time to push for a long overdue change in our policy toward Cuba and protect the right of Americans to travel.

Sincerely,
Center for Constitutional Rights
Latin American Working Group
Marazul Charters, Inc.
National Lawyers Guild - Cuba Subcommittee
Venceremos Brigade

Take
Action

Donate

This email was sent to the address: jencart13 at yahoo.com.
Click here to unsubscribe from CCR Emails.

Center for Constitutional Rights ll 666 Broadway 7th floor NY, NY 10012 ll 212-614-6464 ll www.ccrjustice.org