[Peace-discuss] Holbrooke: We Won't Press India for Peace with Pakistan

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:49:40 CDT 2009

U.S. envoy Richard Holbrooke and Admiral Mullen "took pains to make it
clear" the US would not press India to negotiate with Pakistan on
sensitive issues, AP reports:

   "We did not come here to ask the Indians for anything," Holbrooke
said. "We were not there, I repeat, we were not there, to negotiate
Pakistani-Indian relations."

I hope, for the sake of U.S. troops and the people of Afghanistan,
that Holbrooke was lying.

Because if Holbrooke was telling the truth, the American people
deserve an explanation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/holbrooke-we-wont-press-i_b_185405.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/4/9/184057/6161

--