[Peace-discuss] Fw: local tea party

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 13 14:20:37 CDT 2009

>From Bill Gorrell

----- Original Message -----
From: laborhour
To: unionyes at ameritech.net
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 1:01 PM
Subject: local tea party

      dave,

      thom hartmann, great progressive radio talk show host, suggests that lefties try to coopt these tea parties by bringing our messages to the participants.  This would not be counter-demonstrationing or disrupting the "tea parties."  Instead, we just show up with our signs like "tax the rich," "break up the banks," "raise the minimum wage," "stop corporate welfare," etc. and participate.  The idea is that people attending may see our points, as many of them may be disaffected people who don't really know what's going.  Moreover, there should be media coverage of the event.

      Get this out to your extensive list of contacts.

      Solidarity,
      bill gorrell

      What follows is a partial list of Illinois Tea Parties.  More parties and info is at taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty/illinois/

      City: Champaign / Urbana
      When: April 15, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
      Where: 400 W. University Ave., West Side Park

      City: Bloomington
      When: April 15, Noon
      Where: Old Courthouse

      City: Effingham
      When: April 15, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
      Where: Pavilions at Lake Sara Beach just past Cardinal Golf Course

      City: Chicago
      When: April 15, 12:00pm - 2:00pm
      Where: Kluczynski Federal Building Plaza, 230 S. Dearborn

      City: Springfield
      When: April 15, 12:00 pm
      Where: Illinois State Capitol, 2nd and Capitol