[Peace-discuss] Forget "Accountability" for Somali Pirates

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:51:26 CDT 2009

Totally agreed. I am not arguing against accountability, but the
invocation of "Accountability" as a thought-stopper. "People have to
be held accountable." Actually, they don't. But sometimes the
unexamined belief that they do is an obstacle to rational action. All
other things being equal, accountability is a good thing. But in any
situation, it has to be weighed against other objectives.