[Peace-discuss] Mr. President, May I Also Travel to Cuba?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:52:43 CDT 2009

I want to make absolutely clear that I'm totally delighted for my
Cuban-American brothers and sisters who can now, thanks to President
Obama's announcement, travel to Cuba without restriction. The Bush
Administration restrictions were gratuitously mean and caused real
hardship for Cuban-American families. Most Americans agree with me -
79%, according to a recent poll from WorldPublicOpinion.org.

But without taking anything away from that, I just want to say: Mr.
President, I like to travel, too. I have a passport and everything. I
am not a Cuban-American. But I am an American. May I also travel to
Cuba?

According to the same WorldPublicOpinion.org poll, 70% of Americans
think all of us should be allowed to travel to Cuba.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/mr-president-may-i-also-t_b_187394.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/4/15/164044/365

--
Robert Naiman