[Peace-discuss] Ibn Khaldun - 14th century Tea Party Guy

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Apr 16 18:41:46 CDT 2009

But this item seems to do away with the irresponsibility of capitalism
at its worst
> l)  The collective responsibility and internal feeling for the setting
> up of
> a just system to encourage good deeds and prevent vice.
and points one back to sharing blessings such that those who gathered
much had nothing left over
and those who gathered little had no lack, and really makes no place for
the selfishness of the fortunate and the
abusers of mankind.  A sense of benevolence motivated by a good heart is
much more desirable than forced
tribute with an unkept promise of a 'good cause', by a government that
is bound to do injustice as Khaldun points out,
among many other things.