[Peace-discuss] Iran in the crosshairs?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:32:35 CDT 2009

"But even if the dialogue with Tehran fails, senior IDF officers
doubt whether the United States will allow Israel to go ahead with an
offensive operation.

What may be the timetable for a strike?"

If the senior IDF officers are correct - that the US is unlikely to
"allow Israel to go ahead" even if "the dialogue with Tehran fails" -
and I suspect that they are correct - what incentive do the "senior
IDF officers" have in this situation to downplay the prospect of US
approval? - then the "timetable" for an Israeli strike - the question
asked by the headline - is "never."

Kind of like that New Yorker cartoon, where the guy is on the phone
looking at his calendar, and he says, "No, Thursday doesn't work for
me...How about never? Does never work for you?"