[Peace-discuss] Fw: And the Winner Is... (Robt Greenwald videos - Rethink Afghanistan)

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 01:32:20 CDT 2009

--- On Wed, 4/22/09, Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfoundation.org> wrote:

From: Robert Greenwald <info at bravenewfoundation.org>
Subject: And the Winner Is...
To: jencart13 at yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 12:28 AM

Dear Jenifer,

1. Watch this debate
2. Share this debate
3. Video your questions

The winner is you! After all your efforts sending around the first parts of Rethink Afghanistan and the petition for Congressional oversight hearings, we're thrilled to announce there will be hearings before the powerful Senate Foreign Relations Committee this Thursday. The more people who see Rethink Afghanistan, the more critical questions we raise, and the better chance we have of Congress asking these questions.

To that end, we bring you the first of three Afghanistan debates between Katrina vanden Heuvel of The Nation and Lawrence Korb of the Center for American Progress. Over 460 people submitted topics for these debates, with questions on everything from costs of war to regional diplomacy to the damage caused by predator drones. Korb and vanden Heuvel picked the winning topic for the third debate, which came from Lee Fremault of Attleboro, Massachusetts, who asked, "Could you please compare and then contrast Afghanistan with Vietnam?"

It's clear from seeing all of these submitted topics that people have serious concerns about the war in Afghanistan. We must pose critical questions for oversight hearings, and we have made it easy for you to record your questions for Congress here. We will compile these video questions on DVD and deliver them to Congress to make your voices heard.

Want to take even more action? Vote on the written questions you think are the most important for oversight hearings and submit your own.

Yours,

Robert Greenwald
and the Brave New Foundation team

P.S. Check out the Rethink Afghanistan website this Wednesday and Friday for the other two debates, including the debate with Lee's question.

Follow us:

You can get our latest videos via email, RSS, iTunes or YouTube.
And, if you prefer, follow us on Facebook.
To stop receiving updates from us, click here.
Brave New Foundation | 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232