[Peace-discuss] Mean Streets (2) (David Sirota on Populism, too)

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 27 13:22:29 CDT 2009

Fascism is primarily ( along with many other characteristics ) the merger of the corporate sector and the state...
ie. " The Corporate State " to quote Mussolini.

Which one could make a good arguement that this is what has happened here in the U.S. .over the last thirty years and in particular the last 10-12 months.

One common objective of every Fascist state, is the destruction of independent Labor Unions and the substitution of corporate government controlled organizations that are called " unions " or " worker's associations " etc. where the members have no control of the organization and are in fact controlled or at least sanctioned by this organization for the benefit of the employers and / or the governmnet.

Again, a good arguement could be made that this above scenario describes many so called " unions " in the U.S. at the current time.

Now that I am thinking about it, one could also describe another aspect of Fascism that exists currently in the U.S.....
A one party state !
That is, the two major parties ( who have tremendous advantages over the small parties in terms of their ability to control 99.9 % of elected offices ) who are both funded by corporate money and control who gets to participate in television debates and in effect prevents any third party from receiving national televion exposure because of the astronomical cost of television commercials, and the refusal 99% of the time by the corporate media to allow free coverage of third party candidates ( except when they dispariage them ) on the PUBLIC airwaves they control.

David J.