[Peace-discuss] Article from Global Research

Morton K. Brussel mkb3 at mac.com
Sat Aug 8 15:11:24 CDT 2009

Bluster, psychological warfare (against whom?), or what?  --mkb

Barak hints at another war with Lebanon.

Read the article at

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14687

Israeli Defense Minister hints at Tel Aviv's intention to launch
another offensive against Lebanon, saying the war would be more
devastating than the 2006 war.

"We cannot accept that a neighboring UN member state should have in
its government representatives of a militia that has more than 40,000
rockets," Ehud Barak said Thursday referring to Lebanon's Hezbollah
resistance movement.

While claiming that Israel did not strike at Lebanon's infrastructure
hard enough during the summer war of 2006, Barak said that Tel Aviv
would use all its force in a possible conflict on Israel's northern
border.

"If there is a conflict on our northern border, we will use all
necessary force," the Israeli minister said, adding that Lebanon's
infrastructure was spared as a result of pressure from the United
States.

"What happened in the second Lebanon war will not happen again... at
the time a message from the United States indicated we must spare
Lebanon's infrastructure," he continued.

Lebanon's Hezbollah movement dealt a heavy blow to the armed-to-the-
teeth Israeli army for the first time in history after Tel Aviv
launched an all-out war on Lebanon in the summer of 2006 in an effort
to destroy the country's resistance movement.

Israel's Winograd Report confirmed the failure.

The war destroyed a large portion of the country's infrastructure in
the south.

The 33-day war killed at least 1,200 people in Lebanon, most of them
civilians, and 160 in Israel, mostly troops.

Barak also pointed out that Hezbollah continues arming itself and
Israel must ensure certain types of weaponry should not enter Lebanon.

Tel Aviv's accusations against the Lebanese resistance movement come
while the United Nations peacekeeping forces in southern Lebanon
(UNIFIL) have repeatedly warned about Israel's daily violation of
Resolution 1701.

"We have daily air violation of Lebanese territory (by Israeli
planes), we have repeatedly asked the Israeli government to refrain
from breaching the UN resolution," Andrea Teneti, UNIFIL Deputy
Spokesman said.