[Peace-discuss] Fw: Lou Dobbs is dangerous

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 12 19:28:47 CDT 2009

Agreed Carl !

But then there is the issue of if really we have free speech or not in this
country, when the corporate media dominates the airwaves that are the most
accessable to most people.

Where would we get the money to start a brand new cable TV news network like
FOX did in the 1990's, and even if we did, I could guarantee you that no
national cable company would broadcast it to their subscribers.

But another more importent issue here is that Amy Goodman of Democracy Now
reports news that the corporate media ignores or suppreses.
Lou Dobbs main theme is hatred for Mexican immigrants and now encouragement
of violence against advocates of a public healthcare option.

To me, we should attack him for this and TRY to cause heat for CNN for
allowing this racist and fascist programing.
It's not like any of us can get access to his program for a debate, so is
our only option  to shrug our shoulders and encourage Dobbs and FOX to
escalate their hate speech and encourage the equivalent of nazi brown shirts
to physically attack anyone who is against them publicly, both peaceful
demonstrators and alternative media ?

David J.