[Peace-discuss] Fw: Twitter - Separating Hype and Reality

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 09:21:09 CDT 2009

Not anything I want to add to MY life, but just in case it's something some of you might want to look into...
 --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 8/12/09, Matt Blizek, Democracy for America <info at democracyforamerica.com> wrote:

#yiv35821304 {
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt;background-color:#fff;margin:5px;}

Are you on Twitter yet?

I confess that I was a late adapter to Twitter as I just set up an account a month ago. But Twitter is undoubtedly here to stay and is poised to keep growing in numbers and influence in the years to come. So I've reached out to a couple of friends of mine to help me learn how to master this new tool for organizing online.

This Saturday afternoon Night School returns at a special time - will you join us?

Twitter - Separating the Hype from Reality
Saturday, August 15 - 3pm Eastern
http://www.democracyforamerica.com/twitter

This is a special edition of a DFA Night School as we'll be broadcasting live from Netroots Nation in Pittsburgh.

We'll go over the basics of using Twitter and explore its strengths and limitations for creating progressive change.

Click here to listen online for free: http://www.democracyforamerica.com/twitter

- Matt

Matt Blizek, Training Director
Democracy for America

P.S. If you already have a Twitter account, you can join the conversation by following me @DFAtraining or join the Healthcare Heatwave @DFAaction

Democracy for America relies on you and the people-power of more than one million members to fund the grassroots organizing and training that delivers progressive change on the issues that matter. Please Contribute Today and support our mission.

Paid for by Democracy for America, http://democracyforamerica.com/ and not authorized by any candidate. Contributions to Democracy for America are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.