[Peace-discuss] Healthcare and Daughter Nadine

unionyes unionyes at ameritech.net
Sun Aug 16 20:05:39 CDT 2009

Jenifer,

You want to accuse me of living in an " Ivory Tower " ?

Just for your info, I have had NO health insurance since my wife lost her job in April 2006 !

The end of 2008, I was able to get my daughter on Illinois KidCare for $ 40 per month, ( the only thing Blagoiavich (sp. ) did right )  as opposed to the $ 1300 per month the private corporate bastards wanted from us as a family of three !

My wife finally got a job where she has healthcare ( which is costing her $ 300 per month via the IEA Teachers Union ), from an annual salary of $ 18,000 per year.

So don't throw the " ivory tower " bullshit on me !

The difference between you and me is that I know bullshit when I see / hear it, and this Obama Care is nothing but that ( like everything else about him ).

It is a scam to get people to accept a half assed underfunded program that will NOT cover very many people and will FINE people who cannot afford healthcare and tax those who already have healthcare. And then once it is enacted, they will stall, hem and haw and NEVER insure the American public, meanwhile the pressure will be off of them and they will bullshit their way through the next decade. Meanwhile another 250,000 to 400,000 people will die needlessly, just so Obama's corporate buddies can maintain their yachts and lavish lifestyles.

All the time, alowing the private insurance companies to stay in business to plunder and profit off of us.

NO COMPROMISE  for a PHONEY corporate " reform " !

Tell me Jenifer,
What do you do for a living and are you insured via your employer ?

 MY wife has lived under both a public health care system in Germany and the " wonderful " U.S. private health care system.
She cannot believe that Americans are not rioting in the streets DEMANDING healthcare for all  !

But then again, it is all too typical in this country, for those who have what they need to take the attitude of ;  " I have mine, fuck the rest of you "!
OR... " The democrats will take care of us, and if Hillary Clinton says Public Health Care is not " politically possible " ( ie. her corporate masters who contribute campaign money don't want it ), then it must be true " !

WAKE UP !

The ONLY way anything has EVER changed for the better in this country is when people took to the streets, turned-up the heat, and DEMANDED change.

NOT,  beleiving in and relying on bought and paid for politicians who promise " Hope and Change " !

The question is, do you have the courage of your convictions to do what has to be done to MAKE CHANGE  ?

David Johnson