[Peace-discuss] When You Comin' Back, Red Ryder?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 24 17:29:42 CDT 2009

I'm constantly amazed at my inability to make myself clear to you, Mort, but
I'll try again:

  [1] I'm in favor of a single-payer system and have said so for years, on
radio, TV, and in meetings.

  [2] Obamacare, the system that the administration is allowing to emerge from
the Congressional process, is not a single-payer system (even if it includes a
"public option") but an alternative to it that will protect and enhance the
profits of the medical/financial complex.  And it will probably be enacted.

  [3] The public distrust of Obamacare -- even when rudely expressed -- is based
on a well-founded suspicion about whom the administration is working for.

  [4] I think in fact the administration is happy to have a frenzied debate on
this matter because it's a cover for their lethal and unpopular plans for the
Mideast.

  [5] I'm hurt that you don't read my posts: I quoted the mystery guest's very
words some time ago.  --CGE