[Peace-discuss] When You Comin' Back, Red Ryder?

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Tue Aug 25 10:06:10 CDT 2009

As I said, the experiences that I describe have been my experiences and that
I have no idea what anyone else's experiences have been.  While the campaign
for Citizen Police Review Boards in this community certainly has been a
daunting goal involving much time, effort and coordination with successful
attainment of goals primarily in Urbana and setbacks in Champaign (and
unknown efforts and results in the county), it was a relatively narrow and
specific project.  In that regard it was unlike many of the projects that my
experiences came from, although it may be closer to project being addressed
here; and therefore, your comments on it may be appropriate.  Nevertheless,
my two other reasons come into play and direct my decisions - namely my lack
of connections at the University and at the YMCA to access their facilities
and resources which others may have and be in a better position to utilize
in achieving the goals in question  and my health factors and conditions
which for the time being take priority and are limiting.