[Peace-discuss] Feingold, Breaking Beltway Taboo, Calls for Afghanistan Withdrawal Timetable

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:29:35 CDT 2009

Yesterday, Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin broke a Washington
taboo. He called for a "timetable" for withdrawal of U.S. military
forces from Afghanistan. "I think it is time we start discussing a
flexible timetable so that people around the world can see when we are
going to bring our troops out," said Feingold. "Showing the people
there and here that we have a sense about when it is time to leave is
one of the best things we can do," he added. He also said our military
presence "is increasing the extremism and increasing the resentment
toward the United States...The idea of an open-ended commitment with
no vision of when it will end is a problem. I want a flexible
timetable and a public vision of what we intend."

Now we need to help Senator Feingold bring other Senators with him. To
do that, we need a vehicle...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/feingold-breaking-washing_b_268381.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/25/772143/-Feingold,-Breaking-Beltway-Taboo,-Urges-Afghan-Withdrawal-Timetable

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/306

--
Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

Demand an Exit Strategy from Afghanistan
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/exit-afghanistan