[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] How to locate AWARE table - turning the facts on their heads

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 31 20:36:00 CDT 2009

I don't think being radical is like a golf handicap, capable of being rank
ordered.  It's rather an attempt literally to go to the roots -- i.e., to
attempt to understand things in an increasingly less trivial fashion.

But to do that it's first necessary to get the story right -- wie es eigentlich
gewesen, just as it was, as the bromide has it. If that's done badly, one can
understand things only by accident...

Remember, the repainting of the barn wall was finished only after the departure
of Snowball.

And if you haven't read "Snowball's Chance," a 2002 novel by John Reed [sic], a
brilliant sequel to Animal Farm -- Snowball returns, builds two mills, and
they're destroyed by the woodland creatures -- you have something to look
forward to. Christopher Hitchens called Reed "a Bin Ladenist"!

Regards, CGE