[Peace-discuss] AWARE

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:43:00 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:38 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu>wrote:

"Unpleasantness/ugliness" = political disagreement, e.g., over Obama?

I haven't been to an AWARE meeting in years, though I do participate on this
list.  I would suggest that disagreements, political or otherwise, need not
be terminal provided that the parties can find SOME common ground, agree to
disagree where this is seemingly no common ground, and at all times respect
one another as persons.  When one or two individuals, or a small handful,
try to dominate or monopolize a group is when you have problems.  It's a
matter of personality and group dynamics, not intellectual disagreement per
se.  A person has to be able to "play well with others".

John Wason