[Peace-discuss] RE: [Peace] How to locate AWARE table at Sweetcorn Festival

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 31 21:12:42 CDT 2009

Many universities -- and many leading ones -- are private corporations. Can they
suppress free speech?  I'd say no, and that's where the Sixties began.

"Can't I do what I want with what I own?" is the capitalist plaint. The answer
is no.  That position is "propertarian," as -- I've been recently reminded -- it
is condemned in Ursula Le Guin's wonderful novel The Dispossessed.

Regards, CGE