[Peace-discuss] Excerpts from Karl Rove on Obama's War

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Dec 3 11:50:12 CST 2009

The Democrats are proving that they are indeed still the War Party.  But
the Neocons are not about to be undone.  Karl (Grima Wormtongue) Rove,
master Decepticon and evil strategist of the GOP, is applauding the War
President and pokes fun at the nearly impotent anti-war movement in an
opinion piece in the WSJ, and tries to at the same time maintain the
fraud that there really is any significant difference between the Obots
and the Neocons.

    ...the American people seem poised to accept Mr. Obama's action. In
    late November, 47% told Gallup they supported a troop increase in
    Afghanistan, while only 39% backed a reduction. This was up from 42%
    in favor and 44% opposed about two weeks earlier. Unleashing his
    military and national security team to swarm Congress and TV talk
    shows will help his case.

    The Democratic Party's antiwar faction is upset over the president's
    decision. It's almost as if they didn't think Mr. Obama meant it
    when he said of Afghanistan during the presidential campaign that
    "this is a war we have to win" and a "war of necessity."

    It is not simply grass-roots malcontents or backbenchers. House
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, "I don't think there's a great deal of
    support for sending more troops to Afghanistan," House
    Appropriations Chairman Dave Obey called it "a fool's errand," and
    Sen. Arlen Specter denounced the surge as a "venture not worth so
    many American lives or the billions it will add to our deficit."

    Fortunately, the antiwar left has little power to stop the president
    from making good on his commitments. Notwithstanding Mr. Obama's
    vote against funding the war in Afghanistan in May 2007, the White
    House can win a battle over war funding by standing with a coalition
    of victory-centered Republicans and Democrats who don't want their
    president embarrassed.

    Only a failure of presidential nerve or an unwillingness to make
    further midcourse corrections as the need arises will keep Mr. Obama
    from achieving the goals he has spelled out.

    Victory can still be won. It won't be quick and it won't be easy,
    and it will take active leadership from Mr. Obama. But it is now
    within his grasp.

So it seems that we have the Stupid Party (the "Dims") and the Evil
Party (the GOP) and when they get together, they can do something
bipartisan that is both Stupid and Evil.  The War in Afghanistan is one
example.