[Peace-discuss] Re: Immigration Reform Rally!

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 11:03:47 CST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 10:45 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> Whereas those who hold that ending the life of a newborn is murder, but doing
> the same thing a month or so earlier is morally neutral, are just being illogical.  (And perhaps politically driven, to minimize undesirables.)
>
> The question is, Where in the life-cycle does ending human life becomes no longer acceptable.  Birth?  A month earlier? Three months?  Six?

Yes, and courts (not the theological ones) have pronounced on this issue in considering the rights of the woman who would eventually bear the fetus. It's a human question. That there is a continuous evolution (bad word) in human and fetal development is then recognized and dealt with on reasonable, practical, humane  criteria.   --mkb