[Peace-discuss] Fw: UPDATE: Lieberman

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 09:54:09 CST 2009

--- On Tue, 12/8/09, Adam Green, BoldProgressives.org <info at boldprogressives.org> wrote:

From: Adam Green, BoldProgressives.org <info at boldprogressives.org>
Subject: UPDATE: Lieberman
To: "Jenifer Cartwright" <jencart13 at yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 5:00 PM

#yiv637102732 , #yiv637102732 tbody, #yiv637102732 table, #yiv637102732 td, #yiv637102732 font {font:10pt Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;}
#yiv637102732 td p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}
#yiv637102732 p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}
#yiv637102732 td div p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}
#yiv637102732 .X0uMP p {margin-top:1em;margin-right:0em;margin-bottom:1em;margin-left:0em;}

Our new ad targeting Joe Lieberman is making big waves -- from the New York Times to Rachel Maddow to Connecticut media.
Click here to see Rachel Maddow feature our ad -- and then, please chip in $5 to help keep it on the air.

Jenifer,
Wow. One day after announcing our new TV ad pressuring Sen. Joe Lieberman on public option, the momentum is  tremendous.
Rachel Maddow played our Lieberman ad on national TV and said, "That's what it looks like when liberals push back!" Dozens of other media also reported on our ad. (See media links below.)
Nearly 2,000 people chipped in to help air this ad -- and now, we're aiming to expand our buy in DC. Can you chip in $5 today? Click here.
News broke yesterday that progressive and conservative senators are meeting to strike a final deal on health care and that Lieberman thinks his obstruction makes him "relevant." By expanding our ad in DC, we can tell other senators to ignore Lieberman -- he's not even representing his own constituents.
Check out this example of Lieberman's arrogance, in direct response to our TV ad. From the Washington Post's Greg Sargent:
A spokesman for Joe Lieberman, whose talent for annoying liberals seems to have grown exponentially in the heat of the health care fight, is now responding to a liberal group’s new ad hammering the Senator by dismissing the public option as the “agenda of narrow ideological interest groups.”
Seriously? 68% of Connecticut voters who support the public option are a "narrow ideological interest?" This guy deserves to feel more heat.
Click here to help us expand our ad buy in DC by chipping in $5.
Thanks for being a bold progressive.
--Adam Green, Stephanie Taylor, Aaron Swartz, Michael Snook, Forrest Brown, and the PCCC team
BLOG COMMENTS ABOUR OUR NEW AD
"Sorry, I could donate $5. But since that wasn't enough, $25 will have to do. Don't you dare ask for less from me!" -- ontheleftcoast, on Daily Kos
"As a Connecticut resident, I LOVE THIS." -- loquaciousmusic, on Wonkette
"Progressive Change Campaign Committee strikes again! Thank you, PCCC, for speaking for all progressives everywhere." -- Querent, on Huffington Post
"I've been waiting for this ad! Yes!!!!!!!  I just donated $100, and will keep donating if we keep on putting the pressure on Joe." -- one love, Daily Kos
Click here to help expand our ad buy in DC by chipping in $5. (Or, um, more. :)
NATIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE OF OUR AD
New York Times: Anti-Lieberman Ad Points to ‘Public Option’ Support
Washington Post: CT-Sen: Liberals attack Lieberman in ads
Washington Post Plumline (Greg Sargent): Lieberman Spox: Public Option Is “Agenda of Narrow Ideological Interest Groups”
CBS: Progressive Group Blasts Joe Lieberman Over Public Option
ABC: Lieberman vs. Liberals 'for Lieberman'
NBC: First Read
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow covers PCCC Lieberman ad
CNN: Liberal group takes aim at Lieberman
Huffington Post: New Anti-Lieberman Ad Gets Personal About Public Option
TPM: Liberal Group Takes Aim At Lieberman For Obstructing Public Option
Daily Kos: Payback time! Lieberman pressured in new TV ad
Washington Monthly: Targeting Joe In Connecticut
Boston Globe: Liberal group slams Lieberman
Wonkette: Connecticut For Lieberman Party Displeased With Joe Lieberman Lately!
Politico: PCCC mocks Lieberman
Click here to help expand our ad buy in DC by chipping in $5.
CONNECTICUT MEDIA COVERAGE OF OUR AD

The Day Newspaper (Connecticut): "It's all about Joe"
Hartford Courant: Liberal Group's Ad Targets Lieberman
MyLeftNutmeg Blog: Connecticut For Lieberman
FOX Connecticut local evening news
NBC Connecticut: Ad: "It's All About Joe"
Click here to help expand our ad buy in DC by chipping in $5.

Paid for by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee PAC (www.boldprogressives.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions to the PCCC are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.