[Peace-discuss] Tim Johnson congratulated us on being consistent

David Gill docgill37 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 12:04:38 CST 2009

Hi Steve,

    I share your concerns regarding Mr. Johnson.   We are suddenly to believe "pledges" made by Mr. Johnson, the man who signed a pledge to vacate Washington, D.C. by 2006 (a "pledge" which permitted him to win a narrow victory in a hotly-contested Republican primary in 2000)?  Actions like voting to invade Iraq (an action I publicly opposed) speak much louder than words, especially actions that cost the blood of millions, and the lost opportunities that a trillion dollars would have brought to the American people and the world.  And has Mr. Johnson even actually made such a  "pledge" publicly?  If so, can Mr. Estabrook actually reference it for us?  I read Mr. Johnson's press releases very closely, and while he calls for "responsible" withdrawal from Afghanistan, I can't find the call for "immediate" withdrawal which Mr. Estabrook ascribes to Mr. Johnson.

      Finally, to set the record straight:  I am not the "putative" Democratic candidate for Illinois' 15th district seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in the 2010 election, as described by Mr. Estabrook.  I am the true and actual candidate, as evidenced by a quick look at the web site of the Illinois State Board of Elections.
Thanks,
David Gill, M.D.