[Peace-discuss] The Nation praises Obama's war propaganda

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:40:14 CST 2009

We certainly shouldn't be "nasty nor disagreeable" in trying to stop a war,
should we?  Imagine how awful it would be to say, "Hey, hey, LBJ! How many kids
did you kill today?"

I'm sure that nice Mr. Obama is not being nasty nor disagreeable when he's
killing kids in AfPak.

Jeannette Rankin (1880-1973), Congresswoman from Montana and the first female
member of the Congress, voted against the entry of the United States into both
World War I and World War II (the only member of Congress to vote against the
latter). Toward the end of her life, she was asked if she would act differently.

She said, "If I had my life to live over, I would do it all again, but this time
I would be nastier."