[Peace-discuss] Fw: Thanks for signing - now pass it on

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 18:48:02 CST 2009

--- On Mon, 12/14/09, Jane Hamsher <firedoglakeaction at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks so much for signing our petition asking the Susan G. Komen foundation to remove Hadassah Lieberman as a "global ambassador" for the organization.

Forward the email below to your friends and family and ask them to do the same.

Thanks!

--Jane Hamsher
Firedoglake.com

P.S. - If you're on Twitter, tweet this, too:

I just signed a petition telling @komenforthecure to fire Hadassah Lieberman. Click here to sign: http://bit.ly/933aOm #hcr

---

Hi,

Are you aware that the wife of Joe Lieberman - the man who once campaigned to eliminate the filibuster but is now threatening to use it against a public option - is a compensated "Global Ambassador" for Susan G. Komen for the cure?

As the world's biggest breast cancer charity, Susan G. Komen for the cure has thrown considerable weight behind ensuring that any reform bill that comes out of Congress serves to improve the lives of their dependents.  So why is Susan G. Komen for the cure using donations to pay the salary of Hadassah Lieberman, wife of Joe Lieberman, who pledged to kill any bill including a public option?

Will you sign our letter to Susan G. Komen for the cure, asking for Mrs. Lieberman to step down as a compensated "Global Ambassador?"

http://action.firedoglake.com/hadassah

Sign our letter to Susan G. Komen for the cure today:

"Mrs. Lieberman's relationship with Susan G. Komen for the cure is unethical and misleading.  Important and often very personal donations made to Susan G. Komen for the cure to benefit the sick and dying are essentially undermining their intended use.  And as Hadassah travels the globe under the banner of Susan G. Komen for the cure, decrying the inadequecies of our health care system and the desperate need to reform it, her husband is at home to kill the reform efforts we so desperately need.

I call for Susan G. Komen for the cure to ask Hadassah Lieberman to step down as a "Global Ambassador" for the organization in light of the inherent conflict of interest her continued presence brings."

Join us in calling on Susan G. Komen for the cure to remove Mrs. Lieberman as a compensated "Global Ambassador."

http://action.firedoglake.com/hadassah

Thanks,