[Peace-discuss] Venezuela Synagogue Attack Arrests

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:08:27 CST 2009

There's no real evidence in these articles that this was anything other than
an anti-Semitic attack. It is alleged that there was cooperation in the
attack from some of the synagogue's security guards and that one of the
assailants previously worked as a security guard for a Rabbi. On the other
hand, it is alleged that some of the assailants worked for the national
government. So the same logic that would e.g. blame the synagogue would also
blame the national government. Conspiracy thinking cuts both ways.
Personally I'm a big fan of "innocent until proven guilty."

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM, David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Two articles regarding arrests, with information not yet appearing in any
> other search, with the unsurprsing smell of a black advance.
>

> http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jOU8-GWY2gk1CENOnld0ae2MpURQD967M12O0
>

> http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jOU8-GWY2gk1CENOnld0ae2MpURQD968A4182

Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy