[Peace-discuss] Nuclear power?

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Thu Feb 12 13:58:47 CST 2009

>The author spends most of his article complaining about how unpleasant
Greens
>are to him, rather than presenting the argument that led to his "Damascene
>conversion ... a month ago."

Without taking a position of the correctness of either side's position (I
have trouble trusting and believing the statements and facts presented by
either side when it comes to this subject), I would suggest that the author
may not have reiterated his arguments because he may have made a full
statement of them elsewhere, which is what created the reaction and his
current response.

>Timeo hominem unius libri ("I fear the man of one book") said Thomas
Aquinas

Hmmmm!  If you agree with Aquinas, then the two of you must have little
trust in the common man and his judgment since most common men have written
no books - let alone one book.  :-)  I have to wonder if we should fear the
person who writes many books that constantly say the same thing in different
ways and never say anything new and preclude taking into account any
possibility that they may be wrong or not very current.