[Peace-discuss] Nuclear power?

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 12 17:50:14 CST 2009

But the fact is, Carl, that you know nothing of the science that
convinced the author to change his mind, and in your ignorance of
these matters, you just pooh-pooh them, a not admirable knee-jerk
reflex.   I have been in contact with scientists at Argonne National
Laboratory who had been working/designing on the fourth generation
reactors mentioned, and they are justly receiving an increasing amount
of attention because of the advantages they potentially present. There
are problems in constructing such reactors, of course, and it won't be
tomorrow that they will be built, but they are very promising from
various points of view, especially if one looks a couple of decades
ahead, when energy and climate issues will probably be even more
critical than they are now. --mkb