[Peace-discuss] Emergency Preparedness - Part 1 - Essentials List

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Mon Jan 5 00:36:32 CST 2009

>Gee Laurie, if expressing my distaste and opinion on the topic of
proselytizing for the Lord and Libertarians means an attempt to limit
discussion on >the peace-discuss list, then I plead guilty.

My point is that is has been my experience that such expressions of distaste
and opinion as well as attempts to limit discussions often do nothing more
than provoke more of the same in spades or protracted discussion of the
issue in question and the right of anyone to make such a request.  It is one
of the unintended consequences of making such requests as opposed to just
ignoring the stimulus in the first place which usually results in it
subsiding quickly until the next time. J

Gee Laurie, if expressing my distaste and opinion on the topic of
proselytizing for the Lord and Libertarians means an attempt to limit
discussion on the peace-discuss list, then I plead guilty.

Obviously, I have no power of enforcement. I simply asked (to those prone to
do this stuff) that it be stopped. I hope it has an effect, but have few
illusions.

Mort

On Jan 4, 2009, at 1:50 PM, LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:

Gee Mort, maybe we should discuss your proposal to have such discussions on
this list; in fact, let's start a discussion about discussing such a
discussion. J

You, of course, know that one person's floor is another's ceiling and that
bringing up any attempts at limiting discussion and topics just precipitates
further protracted discussions.