[Peace-discuss] Blago-Burris circus

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Thu Jan 8 13:28:41 CST 2009

>Most folks who fought and won the Revolution did it for "...all men are
created equal, that they are
>endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these
>are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these
>rights, governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers
>from the consent of the governed..."

Of course, you were there and conducted a poll to determine and verify this.
Without falling into the trap of committing the same error of assuming that
I know what others think or are motivated by - especially those who are long
dead, I would suggest the possibility that most folks who fought in the
Revolutionary War not only did not have such things in mind but did not even
entertain or understand such notions and concepts.  I would further suggest
than a large number of them were illiterate and uneducated farmers and
townspeople who got involved for much more mundane self-interested and
self-centered reasons and motives rather than for such lofty philosophical
ideals.

> It's their call.

Even if that were the case, they are dead and are not going to be calling
anything.  Even if one believed in an afterlife, we would never know for
sure what there call would be unless you are suggesting that we can
communicate with the dead.  If you believe in reincarnation, then they would
be coming back as a new and different person or entity.  We would not know
for certain if they were who they claimed to be with respect to being
someone who fought in the Revolutionary War so as to have a right to make
the call.

As far as I am concerned, you are doing nothing more than throwing
platitudes at use and adding little to the substantive discussion; but it is
your right to do that as far as I am concerned.  However, that does not mean
that I have to accept your opinions.