[Peace-discuss] Blago-Burris circus

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 8 14:05:17 CST 2009

Laurie writes "As far as I am concerned, you are doing nothing more than
throwing
platitudes at use and adding little to the substantive discussion", and
generally dismisses arguments other than legal.

Well, Laurie, you seem to be unaware that there is something called science
that is a much more reliable indicator of truth than the law. It is more
binding than the law, because the judge is reality.

One of the key elements of the scientific method is called Occam's Razor,
which indicates that the simplest explanation that describes the evidence
is most likely to be right. Your arguments fail on this test, as do the
conspiracy theories regarding Israel and the US that are common on this list.

Calling my brief argument "platitudes" or the revolutionary fighters
"illiterate and uneducated farmers and townspeople" doesn't refute
anything. Somehow, Paine's "Common Sense" as well as the Bible and quite a
bit more was absorbed by the folks who gave us the American republic. I
assume you're maintaining that they had to hire someone to read to them? I
don't think so.

Bob