[Peace-discuss] Letter in today's N-G: Germany isn't at war with Jews

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:53:34 CST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Marti Wilkinson <martiwilki at gmail.com>wrote:

I checked the News-Gazette online and this is what I found in the opinions
> section.
>

> http://www.newsgazette.com/news/opinions/print/letters/2009/01/11/israel_isnt_at_war_with_palestinians/
>
> As a side note this is Bruners webpage with the U of I
>
> http://www.anthro.uiuc.edu/faculty/bruner/
>
> While I don't agree with Mr. Bruner's perspective on the war between Israel
> and Palestine - I ask if this letter that you published is in the print
> edition as opposed to the online edition. Or is this a separate article from
> the opinion section?  I don't subscribe to the News-Gazette and would like
> to know how I can verify the information.

I'm happy that you posted the REAL letter here, Marti.  Like you, I take
exception with Bruner's letter, but at least it's nice to read it in its
original form.  My guess - and of course I'll be happy to be proven wrong -
is that Mr. Green took considerable "editorial liberties" with Mr. Bruner's
letter in order to make a point.  But I didn't know that until I saw the
REAL letter just now, and the prior letter was so confusing as to be virtual
gibberish.

Like certain others on this list, David, you presume a great deal of
underlying knowledge and assumptions on the part of your readership that
many of us simply don't have.  It's your choice, of course.  But it's our
choice to hit that magical "delete" key rather than try to wade through a
bunch of esoterica.

John Wason