Fw: Re: [Peace-discuss] no green light?

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 16:27:46 CST 2009

Isn't it pretty to think so?
 --Jenifer

--- On Tue, 1/20/09, Randall Cotton <recotton at earthlink.net> wrote:

>"By getting its soldiers out before the Obama inauguration, Israel hopes
to pave the way for a smooth beginning with the Obama administration and
spare the incoming president the trouble of having to deal with a burning
problem in Gaza from his first day, the Israeli officials said."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioi_0jtO9RjMwPNRoXNCndRPRq3gD95Q69M00

>This seems to me that Israel received a signal (or gathered intelligence)
that the Obama administration would not be supportive of any further
military action in Gaza. It is very difficult for me to believe that they
would be pulling out unilaterally like this, and so quickly, under these
conditions if they had anything resembling a green light from the incoming
administration.