[Peace-discuss] "Afghanistan: Ending a Failed Military Strategy" from Sept. 11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrrows: suggestion to present to our congresspeople

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:48:57 CST 2009

Heard this from the ICJPE (IL Coal. for Justice, Peace & Environment)
mailing list...

From: Wright Salisbury ( sasmedia {at} rcn.com )

September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows has been meeting with the
offices of U.S. senators and representatives in Massachusetts to present to
them the excellent report,
    "Afghanistan: Ending a Failed Military Strategy,"
an Acrobat copy of which can be downloaded at
    http://www.peacefultomorrows.org/downloads/Afghanistan_Ending_Failed_Military_Strategy_3.pdf

Every congressman or woman maintains one or more regional offices and welcomes
constituents to visit them and share their views.  We have been very successful
with these meetings in Massachusetts, inviting other peace organizations to
join us. We cannot reach the congressmen in all 50 states however, and it is
crucial to do so and to do it quickly, since President Obama has expressed a
desire to escalate the war in Afghanistan.

To find the phone numbers of your congressmen, simply go to
    http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/index.html
and click on your state and then the person you wish to see.
[Of course, for us around C-U, it's Tim Johnson! -slevy]

We have been very successful in bringing with us representatives of other
organizations opposed to continuing the war, such as Veterans for Peace and
Military Families Speak Out, and you can contact me to find out if there is a
member of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows in your area who can
attend.

[Wright Salisbury's phone # is included but I'm not broadcasting it here --
if anyone would like to call him please let me know.]