[Peace-discuss] no green light?

Morton K. Brussel brussel at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:09:31 CST 2009

To me the speech was a hodgepodge of inconsistencies. On the one hand
Obama spoke of peace and understanding and tolerance--although I
didn't hear the word "justice". On the other he spoke of our nasty
enemies and the wars we are in, that had to be won. Every time I heard
that, I bristled, and still am. As if he didn't understand what has
been largely instrumental in the wars we are in, and have caused, our
imperial efforts in the world.
--mkb