[Peace-discuss] The Mideast's One-State Solution

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 20:48:40 CST 2009

With its recent placements of articles by Jeffrey Goldberg, Benny Morris, Qadaffi, alongside the usual dissociative Friedman stuff (see yesterday), it seems that liberal editorial posturing on this issue is becoming increasingly desperate. Ethan Bronner's protestations of journalistic innocence yesterday were quite disingenuous, needless to say. Anyone can claim that he or she is being attacked from both "extremes"-- the Angry Arab calls it the "Bill O'Reilly trick." Even Hitler did it, resulting in the "Night of the Long Knives."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/25/weekinreview/25bronner.html?_r=1&ref=weekinreview

Notice that all of this talk about "narratives" is a way of avoiding what is actually true. What's true is important, but unfortunately what the NYT says that's not true is also important, and even helpful if one wants to arrive at the truth in a bass ackwards manner.

DG