Fwd: [Peace-discuss] Obama gets another one right

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 26 21:18:19 CST 2009

Actually, there is no such thing as a homosexual person, any more than there is
such a thing as a heterosexual person. The words are adjectives describing
sexual acts, not people ... The reason no one has yet been able to come up with
a good word to describe the homosexualist (sometimes known as gay, fag, queer,
etc.) is because he does not exist. The human race is divided into male and
female. Many human beings enjoy sexual relations with their own sex, many don't;
many respond to both. This plurality is the fact of our nature and not worth
fretting about. --Gore Vidal, "Sex Is Politics" (1979)