[Peace-discuss] Questions for Wayne

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue Jan 27 00:17:20 CST 2009

There is a man walking down the sidewalk. We choose have laws forbidding
us to kill him.
Now that we have not killed him, what assistance will we have government
provide to ensure his happiness?

There is a poor homeless man walking down the sidewalk. We choose have
laws forbidding us to kill him.
Now that we have not killed him, what assistance will we have government
provide to ensure his happiness?

The society not the government should provide options.   Those who are
wanting to do good charitable things
should provide them through efficient non-profit organizations.  We
already have a  lot of government programs.
Those should be retained as the refuge of last resort.

The woman should marry.  All will do better, and they all need each other.

*
Health care is always mentioned.  Particularly single payer health care,
what ever that is.  It sounds like
to me it single payer health care is simply to  maintain the system as
it is.  The status quo in health care seems to be to drive tacks with
sledgehammers.
We need more options such as small local clinics that provide simple and
cheap medical care.  The concept of "prescription drugs"
needs to be crushed except for a few truly dangerous drugs.

People dont really need health care.  They need better health.
Doctoring sick people doesn't necessarily mean better health.