[Peace-discuss] The Day They Arrested President Roosevelt

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 17 14:33:32 CDT 2009

Of course, it might have been a good idea to arrest

  --Truman before he bombed Japan;
  --Eisenhower before he overthrew the governments of Iran and Guatemala;
  --Kennedy before he invaded Cuba and South Vietnam;
  --Johnson before he attacked North Vietnam and the Dominican Republic;
  --Nixon before he attacked Cambodia and domestic dissidents (e.g., Fred
Hampton, not G. McGovern);
  --Ford before he allowed the attack on  E. Timor;
  --Carter before he increased military aid to near-genocidal Indonesia;
  --Reagan before he killed tens of thousands in LA and Lebanon;
  --Bush before he launched wars in Panama and the Gulf;
  --Clinton before he attacked Iraq and Serbia;
  --Bush jr. before he invaded Iraq
  --Obama before he devastated AfPak...

and perhaps even Roosevelt in 1937, before he manipulated an anti-war populace
into war with Japan.

We might also have noticed that the Constitution nowhere gives the Supreme Court
the right to overrule an act of Congress.