[Peace-discuss] binary criterion of war/not war

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Jul 18 22:17:25 CDT 2009

Capitalism (understood as corporate power) and democracy are indeed
contradictories.  The latter has one person/one vote as an ideal; the former
says your influence in society depends on the number of "dollar votes" you control.

And a liberal society (even the utilitarian form you sketch) need not be very
democratic to qualify as liberal.