[Peace-discuss] Fw: Will Dick Cheney ever go to jail?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 20 19:36:42 CDT 2009

It's a good question -- Cheney should of course go to jail -- but it seems that
people who are asking it are often not asking the parallel question about Obama,
Biden, Clinton, and Gates.

Obama is continuing Cheney's policies, including assassination and torture.  The
only difference seems to be the rhetorical stance: where the Bush administration
boasted of their crimes, the Obama administration obfuscates theirs.  Torture
for example seems to be continuing at Bagram and via the ongoing renditions --
and even at Gitmo.  The Bushies were just more honest about what they were doing.

Holder seems to be investigating only "excesses" by CIA types. That's a complex
way of justifying the ordinary policies, which continue from the last
administration to this one.