[Peace-discuss] Health Care Justice Town Hall Sat; Rep. Johnson in Danville Monday

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 16:01:31 CDT 2009

Just called Tim Johnson's office. The person who answered informed me that Johnson "is not supporting the House Democrat's bill because it hasn't taken the Republicans' position into account."

Lessee now, what was his excuse for not supporting SCHIP?? Oh yeah, something bogus about SCHIP covering kids whose parents make more than $80k, a total misrepresentation.

I guess if you don't care about coverage for all, you don't care about coverage for all (unless they're in Congress, huh?)

Btw, Johnson WON'T be at UFL tomorrow. Lotsa luck re changing his mind (heart??) in Danville on Monday.
 --Jenifer