[Peace-discuss] CCHCC: more info on the Tim Johnson town hall in Danville Monday

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:08:53 CDT 2009

from CCHCC, which is also organizing for the Tim Johnson town hall in
Danville on Monday:

(CCHCC says they are talking to CBHC about transportation - either
there will be a bus, or people will car pool.)
------------

MONDAY, JULY 27 - REP. TIM JOHNSON'S TOWN HALL MEETING IN DANVILLE

Join CCHCC on Monday, July 27 as we travel to Danville for a Town Hall
meeting hosted by Rep. Tim Johnson!

We will take our demands for REAL health reform to Rep. Johnson at his own
town hall meeting in Danville on Monday.

Rep. Johnson will hear your stories and demands, and will have to explain
why he refuses to support REAL health reform!  He needs to hear from his own
constituents about how they have been affected by the health care crisis,
because he doesn't believe that the health care system needs to be reformed.
So tell him your story!

At his Town Hall meeting in Rantoul on Monday, July 20, Rep. Johnson said he
does not believe that anyone has ever been turned away from receiving health
care. He just doesn't believe it. Our own Jim Bean asked Rep. Johnson why,
if private health insurance works so well, is it that 75% of Illinois
residents who filed for medical bankruptcy had health insurance at the time
that they accumulated the debt leading to their bankruptcy. Rep. Johnson
said he doesn't believe the state or national studies that document the
rates of medical bankruptcies! Rep. Johnson needs to hear from his
constituents that the health care system, as it is, is broken and failing
the people it's supposed to serve, and with devastating consequences on
people's health and financial lives!

Please join us on Monday as we travel to Danville to make sure Rep. Johnson
hears our voices!

What:   Rep. Tim Johnson's town hall meeting
When:   Monday, July 27 - 5:30-6:30 pm
Where:  Danville City Hall - 17 W. Main St., Danville, IL
      Map: http://lnk.nu/maps.google.com/yfv

RSVP: nick at healthcareconsumers.org
Please RSVP if you are planning on attending.

TRANSPORTATION:
CCHCC will be carpooling from Champaign, so if you need transportation you
must let us know.

Here are the details:
1. Meeting Up
Transportation will be available for those who RSVP with CCHCC.  We will be
meeting in the parking lot of County Market near I-72 on Glenn Park Dr. in
Champaign.

This location is accessible by the 6 Orange bus during the day, and the 50
Green bus in the evening.

2.  Transportation
The delegation will be carpooling, so if you are willing to drive a group
please include that in your RSVP email.  Anyone traveling with CCHCC must be
prepared to stay for all the activities.

If you are able to provide transportation for participants, please let us
know when you RSVP as well.

Thank you!