[Peace-discuss] How you can support Safe Haven tent community

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Jul 30 06:28:21 CDT 2009

A fellow went to see his therapist.

"Doc, I've been having these nightmares.
Sometimes I dream that I'm a Wigwam.
Other times I dream that I'm a Tipi.
What's this all about?"

"Your problem is Obvious.
You're Two Tents."

*****

Passing out doses of Librium might help everyone to develop a successful
long-term strategy for housing the "domestically challenged".

One has to decide what is really going on and what is really at stake
here (no more puns, please.)

There IS a practical issue of health and safety.  Modern native
Americans, most of whose ancestors
recently traversed the east big pond or its contralateral larger
equivalent, don't really know much about
long term dwelling in tent communities.   Phantasmagoric concerns about
ceeohtwo induced hyperthermic
cataclysm cast aside, no one is going to short-term overcome the fact
that Central Illinois is a nassty place to
camp for the winter even in the confines of a permanent-type dwelling.
As a campsite, the local cityscape really blows.  It's not like camping
in the
shelter of woods along the Sangamon River, wrapped up with the family
all huddled up in nice warm
relatively repellent animal skins with a fire burning in the tipi and an
supper of squash, corn and roasted venison
digesting pleasantly in the belly.

Camping is fun.  No doubt a tent city in West Urbana will attract people
from all over who want
to drop out, drop by, and hang out and toke out around the bonfire.
Hallelujah.

But, Modern native Americans are typically "numbskulls" as Max Keiser
has so delicately observed.
Modern native Americans are likely to die from exposure, pneumonia,
carbon monoxide toxicosis,
involuntary immolation, and diseases of general filth, because they
aren't Good Campers,whether happy or not.
Our modern native hosts are unfamiliar with the technology of successful
camping.

Rather than trying to cram the "right to camp" down the collective
throats of the genteel ruling class of West Urbana,
and fight with the paramilitary thugs that pass for ministers of the
rule of law in that community of
wise minds and tender hearts, why not address the primary core issues of
sustainable and unsustainable housing?