[Peace-discuss] Fighting Slavery in Haiti: One Survivor's Story

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 11:15:21 CDT 2009

Thanks for this, Bob -

We've talked before about how closely connected are the two first modern republics in this hemisphere (the US and Haiti), one a slave state and one a state of rebellious slaves.  Of course today's connections are close, too - down to where our kids' pajamas are made, not to mention numerous invasions and coups over debts and allocation of resources, etc.  One of them is that both countries actually still have slaves, as brutal and ugly as it ever was.

Thanks again.

Ricky Baldwin

"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn