[Peace-discuss] binary criterion of war/not war

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 11:54:56 CDT 2009

jencart13 wrote:
> Yes, I used to think that ALL wars/conflicts were economic, and I think
> there's something to that, if you look far enuff back in time to what caused
> the fear and hatred in the first place.

yes.

I was having this weird conversation on facebook wall with a weird
person/acquaintance. He was saying that these wars were different than
all wars before because the US NEEDS to protect so much (like advanced
technologies) from the rest of the world getting them. How is this
different from any war???? Aren't all wars about protecting
possessions?

Isn't that why we build fences? To keep our belongings safe.

You can't hug another person while you are hugging your belongings.
Your arms are already full. [my simplified version of Giovanni
Francesco Bernardone]

-karen medina